We’ve upgraded this Halloween post from last year with a FREE PRINTABLE! To get your Free Cauldron Craft Printable enter your name and email below:
If your kids are anything like mine, they LOVE stickers. On many occasions I set out a variety of stickers for my kids to use and create on their own. My son sometimes gets a little overwhelmed by the choices and doesn’t want to make a mistake by placing a sticker in the “wrong” place. This got me thinking about materials we can use that stickers can easily peel off from… hello wax paper!
This waxy witch’s brew cauldron allows him to change his mind, which gives him more confidence to start. I told him his task was to conjure up a potion and he got right to it.
Cauldron Craft Supplies:
This list contains affiliate links.
- Wax Paper
- Glue Stick
- Stickers – We love PeelyPack stickers
- Cauldron Template Printable – Enter your name and email below and I’ll send you a free cauldron template.
Make It – Cauldron Craft:
1. First, DRAW or PRINT your Cauldron.
If you’re drawing it make sure to leave space at the top of your cauldron for potion fumes and bubbles.
2. Next, CUT the wax paper to fit into the top of the cauldron. This is an optional step. If you want a surface that’s easy to peel stickers off of, for multiple potions, wax paper works great!
3. Finally, GLUE the wax paper onto your cauldron so it looks like there’s liquid in the cauldron.
Below is the cauldron we did last year when we didn’t have a printable.
4. CONJURE up a potion! Give your creatives some stickers and markers and let them go to town decorating the cauldron and making potions!
DISCUSS: Wax paper and its magic ‘stick-less’ qualities. Does the wax paper feel similar to the paper that you peel the stickers from?
Here’s our Cauldron from this year with the printable and no wax paper.
Here’s our final cauldron from last year with the wax paper. Yup they LOVE the stickers!
Your potions don’t have to be limited to stickers. You can use pom poms, feathers, glitter glue etc. Get Creative!
Do Tell: Leave a comment below
- What materials did you use to make your potion?
- I’d love to see pictures of your finished products! Tag us on Instagram @creatingcreatives or Facebook @creatingcreativekids
SHARE YOUR CAULDRON CRAFT:
Spread the word and Pin and Facebook share with your friends!