The next time you head out on a family vacation have your children document it in
our Kids Travel Journal. Enter your name and email below to sign up to our fun
newsletter and I’ll send the you our Travel Journal printable as a gift.
Our travel journal was inspired by the sweet book Lovely Amelia Travels. This book is about a girl named Amelia who is being taken on her first international vacation. To celebrate, her parents get her a journal to document her travels in. The book is told from Amelia’s point of view as she goes through many awesome adventures in Costa Rica. From zip-lining, to photographing the amazing animals in the National Parks, from dancing in traditional costumes to playing fútbol, Amelia’s adventures are sure to give you the travel bug. Another thing I love about this book are the little facts sprinkled throughout, for example, did you know that in Costa Rica there are 6 active volcanoes and more than 100 sleeping or extinct ones?! Pretty cool. If you want to check out more about this book or buy a copy you can do so here.
Now we didn’t go to Costa Rica but we just got back from a cruise to Mexico, so my 5yr old and I decided to fill out a journal with some of the fun memories we had. Here’s how to put it together.
KIDS TRAVEL JOURNAL SUPPLIES:
This blog post contains affiliate links.
- Paper, we recommend 65lb weight or heavier
- Memorabilia (photos, ticket stubs, itineraries etc.)
- Glue stick and/or washi tape
- Markers, colored pencils or crayons if you want to color
- Stickers (that relate to your trip)
- Travel Journal Printable – Enter your name and email below to sign up to our fun newsletter and I’ll send the you our Travel Journal Printable as a gift.
KIDS TRAVEL JOURNAL:
2. Unfold the paper and turn it so it’s oriented to be in a portrait (vertical) position
and fold in half again.
3. Unfold the paper and orient it to a landscape (horizontal) position, then cut along
the center fold, as shown below. Repeat steps 1-3 for the other page as well.
6. Now it’s time to fill out your travel journal. Print out photos, gather your memorabilia
like tickets, maps etc, get some markers or colored pencils, glue, washi tape and
stickers and start putting your journal together. We started by putting our photos in
place, then arranged everything else around them.
SHARE YOUR KIDS TRAVEL JOURNAL:
Spread the word and Pin and Facebook share with your friends!