Summer time calls for your child to have their own kids summer journal! We want to make writing FUN! Do decided to come up with this cute printable to add to any composition notebook.
This blog post contains affiliate links.
- Our Kids Summer Journal Printable or other paper you wish to use
- A composition notebook
- Tacky Glue or School Glue
- Colorful Duct Tape
- Craft Knife and or scissors
- A paintbrush to spread the glue
- First, start by covering the front of composition journal with glue.
2. Next, spread the glue evenly over the journal with a brush.
Print out the page covers from our Summer Journal Cover Pack and line up the top of the printed page with the top of the journal cover. Once you’ve line it up press down to stick in place.
4. Open the cover of your journal and use a craft knife or scissors to cut the excess paper off.
Repeat steps 1-4 for the back of your DIY Summer Journal.
5. To give your journal a little boost and pop of fun, add some colorful duct tape to the spine of your journal. Start at the top of your journal making sure the spine is in the middle of the tape, cut the tape at the bottom of the journal and press down on the front and back of your journal.
You’re done! Now you’ve got a super cute journal to write in all summer! If you grab our summer journal printable from our store it includes 4 pages of fun journal prompts to save you the headache of thinking them up.
SHARE YOUR KIDS SUMMER JOURNAL!
Spread the word and Pin and Facebook share with your friends, or tag us on Instagram.