Summer has arrived here in sunny California and it is HOT so que in the popsicle craft! We have been eating so many popsicles and it got me thinking maybe we should to start making our own. So make our own we did. I was looking for a simple afternoon activity to release some creative juices that would be fun, yet not destroy our freshly cleaned house and this idea was perfect. I also knew that once we finished, they could keep playing with them. My little creatives love setting up shop, so I knew they’d be down for a pop shop, little did I know how many popsicles we would actually make! I couldn’t cut them out fast enough!
POPSICLE CRAFT SUPPLIES:
This list contains affiliate links.
- Kwik Stix – If you don’t have Kwik Stix use whatever coloring materials you have
- Glue – we used hot glue, but you can use regular school glue or even tape
- Craft / Popsicle Sticks
MAKE YOUR POPSICLE CRAFT:
1. DRAW a popsicle shape on your cardboard. Ours looked something like this.
2. CUT out your popsicle. If you want to make more, use this one as a template and trace it.
3. COLOR your popsicles. We used Kwik Stix, but use whatever you have available.
DISCUSS: What flavor is your popsicle? Do the colors reflect the flavor? What shapes and patterns can you add to your popsicle?
4. GLUE the popsicle / craft stick to the back of the popsicle. We used hot glue, since we’re impatient and I might be a little bit obsessed with hot glueing things, but you can use regular school glue, or even tape.
5. PLAY! Set up a popsicle stand and sell your popsicles, or hand them out to friends and family. Be warned, these popsicles aren’t really meant for eating, as Mr. 2 was very disappointed to find out.
MY TAKE AWAY:
This was a huge hit with my little creatives, I couldn’t cut out the cardboard fast enough, and every time I sat down to join in on the fun they kept stealing my pops! The little monkeys. I love that we have so many beautifully colored popsicles to play with now. This would make for a great party activity or even cool summer bunting!
DO TELL: Leave a comment below
- What’s your favorite popsicle flavor? I think mine is coconut pineapple
TAG US: To Share The Inspiration
We love how projects change with different creative minds, and would love to see how yours turned out! Tag @creatingcreatives on Instagram or @creatingcreativeskids on Facebook for a chance to be featured under our projects.
Spread the word and Pin and Facebook share with your friends!